Thursday, March 15, 2012

CCC 2012

Well, it has been quiet a while since my last post at the end of the summer. God worked in my life in so many ways last summer, and when the summer was ended I was exhausted yet I felt satisfied in completing my second year on staff. There were moments of joy, sadness, frustration, exhaustion and humor. Throughout all of those moments, there was God. As my school year began this year, I was really unsure of what my future held, especially about what I was going to do this summer. I begin to pray about what God wanted me to do, and started the process of applications. I applied for CCC as well as multiple places for interviews, still unsure of what God wanted for me, or had in store for me. I also applied for an Assistant Resident Director position for High Point University in the fall.

As I begin interviews, I continued to pray about the direction God was going to lead me, knowing that he would provide and make clear the right opportunity for me. When I heard back from target almost immediately in regards to interview in Hickory, I was excited. Needless to say the interview went okay, but I was not hired for that position. Then I interviewed at the Target in Greensboro, as well as CCC and ARD. I fully expected God to reveal to me something, although I had no clue what he wanted or honestly what I wanted. I was literally 50/50 on what I wanted to do this summer, between CCC and an internship.

Then I got an e-mail from High Point Congratulating me on getting the ARD position for the Fall of 2012. I was very excited about that opportunity, and now I was waiting on another call from either CCC or target to decide. I prayed that I would be able to make the right decision when the time came. Little did I know that time would be an hour after I got the e-mail, from Adam Cline, the Executive Director for CCC offering me a position at CCC as a Camp Director! I can't explain it, but as soon as I picked up the phone I knew what I was going to do this summer. After telling Adam a most likely yes, I called my Dad, and then called Adam back accepting the position 5 minutes later (He had to think I was crazy). I was completely overwhelmed in those minutes, and a range of emotions came over me. I was happy, I was shaking, and I felt God's hand in my life guiding me along the perfect path that he set out for me before I was even born.

I could not be more excited and humbled at this opportunity to serve as a Camp Director for CCC. God sure works in some crazy ways, because I never would have thought 3 years ago when I first applied for staff that I would end up at this point, but God did. I have been given a tremendous opportunity to once again serve God through the CCC ministry this summer, and I cannot wait for Staff training and the summer to start.

All of these experiences have really taught me firsthand that even when you don't know what you want or need, God always does. My prayer for this summer is that God would transform the lives of all of the people involved in CCC, and that he would teach me in particular to always be listening for his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment