Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Camp Week 2

So I am at the halfway point of this summer of serving at Carolina Cross Connection. The summer has flown by, and it seems as if it will be over in a flash. This summer has been quite an experience for me, as I have really enjoyed serving God and this ministry in a new way. The days of helping groups build wheelchair ramps and steps and repairing floors are gone, but the days of behind the scenes stuff is just as important and satisfying.

Spiritually speaking, CCC builds my faith every year. I am always amazed at how God transforms my life, as well as those around me. The way he works in the community, in the camp, and with my staff is nothing short of many miracles. I have already seen tremendous growth in my staff as well as myself, and every camp week has led to spiritual growth in the campers as well. God molds us in a new way everyday, and just at the midway point of my summer I can see his hand clearly at Camp McCall.

I have said it a few times, but I really think that God is doing something very special at Camp McCall this summer. It is a place that you cannot help but feel close to God, and I have seen two camp weeks full of Christ, in every moment of every day. I don't know exactly what God is doing at McCall, but I am truly excited to see what God is going to do here over the next few weeks, and extremely excited to begin camp week 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment